(I know this might sound weird but it was written by Ed over at SpoolThreadCo from his perspective, you’ll get the gist and a chance to win regardless!)
So as all companies do once in a while – it’s contest time. The Whipper Slacker contest.
Being a string company that likes to play in the world of color, I wanted to do things focused on the string aspect of throwing, as well as the artful side of throwing. So, what we will have is a whip/slack contest, but not based on the most technical or difficult, but judged on the most artful, beautiful, plain coolest looking trick. You don’t have to be the best, or do the craziest quadruple tower whip, you just gotta do it with style.
So lets get the official rules out of the way:
- Post a trick to Instagram (and only Instagram) utilizing whips and slacks in the most visually artful and beautiful way. Of course you can have other elements in there, but the focus should be whips and slacks. (Instagram helps us keep track and is organized, this will be the only method of submission, sorry).
- Use hashtag #WhipperSlacker
- Trick must be 20 seconds or less
- Trick must be one throw only, regens are OK. This isn’t a craziest whip contest so going from whip to dismount to whip to dismount won’t score high.
- 1 entry only – Edit and remove the tag on older post if you want to change your entry – if you don’t remove the tag we take first entry.
- Trick must have been recorded and posted AFTER the announcement of contest – we will just take your word for it – don’t be a cheater.
- To combat the repost trend, if you repost the contest announcement you are immediately disqualified, even if you remove it. Let people know about the contest by posting a trick. It’s all about content generation!
- The most “beautiful” looking trick wins. Not the most tech, fastest, or most tricks, just the best looking use of the string itself.
- Contest will run for a solid 14 days -winner announced whenever we decide (pretty soon after it ends).
- Must have guardian consent to enter if you’re a minor in your part of the world.
So now that the boring stuff is out of the way, how about the fun stuff… First a BIG thanks to Jordan of Smashing. To celebrate my collecting of all 8 first run Monocles, and the re-release of the Monocle, he has been generous enough to donate 2 yoyos to the prize pot to make things more tempting, Monocles or Interlagos.
- 1st place – Choice of yoyo of those provided, and choice of 2 packs of Spool Thread Co. string (dual color or solid)
- 2nd place – Choice of yoyo the 1st place didn’t pick, and choice of 1 pack of Spool Thread Co. string (dual color or solid)
- 3rd place – Your choice of 3 packs of Spool Thread Co string. (dual color or solid)
Oh and one more rule, Have fun!